Beas Kund is a high-altitude alpine lake that sits royally amidst the mountains of Himachal
Pradesh at an altitude of 12,139 Ft. This taintless beauty is the origin of Beas River, which is
believed to be the water body where Sage Vyas use to take bath while he meditated. Beas Kund
Trek starts from Solang Nallah which is a popular destination in Manali for skiing and
paragliding. Mesmerizing meadows of Dhundi and Bakarthach will be a part of your trail on
Beas Kund Trek. Majestic peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Friendship Peak, Shitidhar, and Seven
Sisters will be your companion on this trek. One will also come across the Beas Kund Glacier
while advancing towards Beas Kund. Pluck the wild strawberries and mushrooms on your way
and lazily watch the herds of sheep and goats grazing. This summer trek is a perfect choice for
the beginners because of its short duration and easy difficulty level.
What is included in the tour
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on trip
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents / hotel.
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary & safe drinking water.
- All trekking arrangements with experienced guiding team, camp staff and cooks
- Peak fee / sanctuary fee / royalty / permits where applicable
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flights not included in the above-mentioned cost
- Any transfers or meals outside of itinerary
- Porterage for the rugsacks
- Bottled water
- Items of personal clothing
- Expenses of any personal nature (laundry / phone calls / alcohol / cigarettes / insurance / camera fee / etc.)
- Any expense incurred due to force of nature such as landslides, bad weather or reasons beyond our control
- Tips & gratuities (we recommend 5-10% of your trip cost- to be distributed among the team) – personal choice
- Travel & cancellation insurance
- Travel from Delhi and back by road.
What makes this tour special
- Solang Valley
- Beas Kund Lake
- Flora & Fauna
Day 1: DRIVE TO DHUNDI (15 Kms) & TREK TO BAKRATHACH (10,728 Ft)
Distance: 6 Kms
Time: 4 Hrs
Report at Manali Govt. Bus Stand at 8 AM, from where we will pick you. Please arrive in Manali
a day before as most of the buses run late on this route and do not arrive before 8 AM. From
Manali, a short drive of 15 km to Dhundi will take us to our starting point for Beas Kund Trek.
From here, we trek for 6 km along the bank of Beas River and reach Dhundi, the trail is through
the forests of oak, fir, and walnuts. Snowcapped mountains never go out of your sight and offer
a spectacular view. After trekking for 6 km we reach our campsite Bakrathatch. The peaks visible
en route are Deo Tibba Peak (19,688 ft) and Indrasan Peak (20,406 ft). The 7 sisters are in the
background as well.
Day 2: BAKRATHACH (10,728 Ft) TO BEAS KUND (12,772 Ft) AND BACK
Distance: 6 Kms
Time: 5 Hrs
After breaking camps early in the morning, we trek to Beas Kund. The route is through boulders
and rocks in summers and through the snow in winters. After trekking for 4-5 hours, we will reach
the beautiful Beas Kund. This lake is the origin of River Beas. Beas Kund is also the basecamp for
3 trekkable peaks like Friendship, Ladakhi, and Shitidhar and one highly technical pyramid-shaped
peak, Hanuman Tibba. After spending some time clicking pictures and having some food here, we
head back to our camp in Bakkarthatch.
DAY 3: BAKKARTHATCH TO DHUNDI AND BACK TO MANALI
Distance: 6 Kms
Time: 3 Hrs
Today we descend to Dhundi by the same route that was used for coming up. From Dhundi, we
drive back to Manali. You will be dropped at the Manali bus stand late in the afternoon.