One of the most sought after treks hidden in the quaint valleys of Himachal Pradesh, the
Chandratal – Baralacha trek gives you an opportunity to revel in the mesmerizing beauty of the
‘Chandratal’ or the ‘Moon Lake’ as it sits in its mystical glory, cuddled in the tranquility of the
Spiti Valley. The adventure does not end at Chandra Tal, a thrilling climb to the majestic
Baralacha La connecting regions of Spiti, Lahaul, Ladakh and Zanskar adds to the magical charm
of this memorable trek. The nature’s work of art at the Baralacha La is just indescribable in
words; the magnetic vistas of the Chandra and Bhaga Rivers and the enchanting beauty of the
emerald Suraj Tal leaves you speechless and awed the very instance you reach the pass.
What is included in the tour
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on trip
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents / hotel.
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary & safe drinking water.
- All trekking arrangements with experienced guiding team, camp staff and cooks
- Peak fee / sanctuary fee / royalty / permits where applicable
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flights not included in the above-mentioned cost
- Any transfers or meals outside of itinerary
- Porterage for the rugsacks
- Bottled water
- Items of personal clothing
- Expenses of any personal nature (laundry / phone calls / alcohol / cigarettes / insurance / camera fee / etc.)
- Any expense incurred due to force of nature such as landslides, bad weather or reasons beyond our control
- Tips & gratuities (we recommend 5-10% of your trip cost- to be distributed among the team) – personal choice
- Travel & cancellation insurance
- Travel from Delhi and back by road.
- Flora & Fauna
- Chander Tal
- Baralachla Pass
- Atul Tunnel
Day 1: MANALI (6561 Ft) TO BATAL (11,482 Ft) VIA ROHTANG PASS (13,051 Ft)
Manali to Batal via Rohtang Pass by drive (5 hours) followed by an acclimatization walk in the
late afternoon. The drive from Manali to Batal is full of surprises right from the beauty of
Manali to reaching the wonderland Lahaul Spiti. The view of the C.B. range, the pinnacle of the
peaks & the river stream are so interesting. The Camp area is full of different colorful stones
and mountains adding charm of its own kind.
Day 2: BATAL (11,482 Ft) TO CHANDERTAL LAKE (13,779 Ft)
Batal to Chandertal Lake is a walk for about 5 hours. The spectacular view 6000 M above peaks
C.B. range, C. B. 13, 14, 69 peaks make you feel refreshed every time you feel tired. Fresh blue
water lake at the height of 4200m gives a feeling of Paradise Around. Camping on the bank of
the blue water lake & watching the reflection of the mountain makes the day. The reflection of
the stars in the night is a must-watch for Star Gazers.
Day 3: CHANDER TAL LAKE (13779 Ft) TO TOKPO GONGMA (14,173 Ft)
Chander Tal Lake to Tokpo Gongma is a walk for about 8 hours. A narrow valley leads towards
the wider & higher valley, which is closer to some famous peaks. In this area, the flowers
including the yellow & blue poppy are the main attraction. One will love the view of the grazing
sheep. Also, you will witness a number of Shepperd’s grazing the sheep which brings an
addition to the beauty of the mountains.
Day 4: TOPKO GONGMA (14,173 Ft) TO TOPKO YONGMA (15,419 Ft)
M Topko Gongma to Topko Yongma is a walk for about 6 hours. This area is full of natural water
streams. The fun part about today is there will be several water streams to be crossed. The
view of the Multila Peak from the trail is a framework of an artist.
Day 5: TOKPO YONGMA (15,419 Ft) TO BARALACHHALA PASS (15,748 Ft)
Tokpo Yongma to Baralachhala Pass. Today the walk is about 4 hours. An area where you will
feel yourself to be on the cloud makes it very wonderful.
Day 6: BARALACHALA PASS TO MANALI
Drive back from Baralachala Pass to Manali. The Taxi will be waiting at the Baralachala Pass
which will be taking us all the way to Manali and which brings an end to the trek.