Bhrigu Lake, the high-altitude alpine lake trek is a famous Himalayan destination that has a cut
of nature’s opulence for all kinds of people with different kinds of tastes. Starting from the lush
green meadows, vistas of snow-capped mountains, grand skyscapes, vibrant flowers, and a
touch of spirituality, this place is a serene sanctuary filled with natural surprises. If you are
looking for a short dose of wonder, then this 3-day trek will not cease to amaze you every step
of the way. The alluring Bhrigu Lake is nestled at a height of 14,100 ft in Kullu-Manali district,
Himachal Pradesh. In the long list of alpine lake treks, Bhrigu Lake is considered to be one of the
shortest and most approachable lake treks of the Himalayas.
What is included in the tour
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on trip
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents / hotel.
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary & safe drinking water.
- All trekking arrangements with experienced guiding team, camp staff and cooks
- Peak fee / sanctuary fee / royalty / permits where applicable
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flights not included in the above-mentioned cost
- Any transfers or meals outside of itinerary
- Porterage for the rugsacks
- Bottled water
- Items of personal clothing
- Expenses of any personal nature (laundry / phone calls / alcohol / cigarettes / insurance / camera fee / etc.)
- Any expense incurred due to force of nature such as landslides, bad weather or reasons beyond our control
- Tips & gratuities (we recommend 5-10% of your trip cost- to be distributed among the team) – personal choice
- Travel & cancellation insurance
- Travel from Delhi and back by road.
- Flaura & Fauna
- Brighu Lake
- Star Gazing
- Mountain Peaks View
Day 1: MANALI - MORIDUGH (9514 Ft)
Drive from Manali to Kulang: 6 Kms
Trek from Kulang to Moridugh: 7 Kms
Time: 5 Hrs
In the beginning, for the first 30 minutes, the trails will be covered with dense oak trees, pine
trees, Himalayan Birch, and shrubs. The mystic woods, moist leaves, and the hums of the
insects will create a groovy song to keep us entertained. At the end of 2 km, the forest line ends
and captivating grasslands take over the landscape.
Day 2: MORIDUGH - BRIGHU LAKE (14,100 Ft) - MORIDUGH
Distance: 10 Kms
Time: 8 Hrs
We leave our camp around 9 AM and carry packed lunch with us. Today, the terrain and the
trails continue with challenging ascents and are covered in scree, boulders, and broken rocks.
After covering a distance of 4 km, the trails incline towards a 30-degree ascent for another 1
km. Look down for the small flowers that sneak out and flash their bling through the cracks of
the boulders. It’s a masterpiece in the mountains. Finally, at the end of 1 km, we reach a high
ground with a fabulous view of Bhrigu Lake.
Day 3: MORIDUGH - KULANG - MANALI
Distance: 7 Kms
Time: 4 Hrs
After dismantling the campsite and packing everything, we leave Moridugh at around 8 AM and
reach Kulang by 12 PM. The trail for today is less demanding with easy descents. A dedicated
vehicle will pick us up from Kulang and drop us back at Manali bus terminus around 2 PM. If you
are traveling by flight, it is advisable to stay for the night, rest, and leave the next day. Manali
roadways are prone to heavy traffic because of tourist attractions.