Pin Bhaba Pass is hands down the most dramatic pass-crossing trek in our country. That is a
bold statement to make. Especially when we have so many pass-crossing treks in our country.
Once at the pass you see Pin valley below you, in various shades of pink, set amidst the stark
and deserted mountains of Spiti. While behind you is the lush green Bhaba valley. That is when
you realize how remarkable the changes in the landscape are and that is what make it the most
dramatic pass-crossing trek.
What is included in the tour
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on trip
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents / hotel.
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary & safe drinking water.
- All trekking arrangements with experienced guiding team, camp staff and cooks
- Peak fee / sanctuary fee / royalty / permits where applicable
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flights not included in the above-mentioned cost
- Any transfers or meals outside of itinerary
- Porterage for the rugsacks
- Bottled water
- Items of personal clothing
- Expenses of any personal nature (laundry / phone calls / alcohol / cigarettes / insurance / camera fee / etc.)
- Any expense incurred due to force of nature such as landslides, bad weather or reasons beyond our control
- Tips & gratuities (we recommend 5-10% of your trip cost- to be distributed among the team) – personal choice
- Travel & cancellation insurance
- Travel from Delhi and back by road.
- Star-Gazing at Phutsirang.
- Flora & Fauna
- Kara Lake
- Pin Bhaba Pass
- Spiti Valley
Day 1: SHIMLA TO KAFNU (8,725 Ft)
Drive Distance: 203 Km
Drive Duration: 6-7 Hrs
Pick up point for Trekkers: Tuti Kandi Bus Stand
Once you arrive at the famous Shimla, get ready to start a long journey to Kafnu. It is a serene village, remotely situated, almost 200 kms from Shimla. The ride will be 7 hours long, but the road comes with beauty and joyride with the turns and twists. Kafnu is a known village of Kinnaur known for its Hydro Power Project.
Day 2: KAFNU (8,725 Ft) TO MULLING (10,820 Ft)
Trek Distance: 11 Km
Trek Duration: 8 Hrs
Moderate. Easy walk on the motor road for 2.65 km followed by 4.5 km ascent. Level walk for about 1 km then ascend all the way to Mulling. The Trail goes through the dense jungle of Mulling with a turquoise-blue river flowing on one side. As soon as the forest ends The Grasslands of Mulling welcomes you with breathtaking views.
Day 3: MULLING (10,820 Ft) TO KARAH LAKE (11,590 Ft)
Trek Distance: 6 Km
Trek Duration: 5 Hrs
Moderate. Gradual ascent for 3.3 km followed by 1.5 km of steep ascent, easing off at the last 1.2 km. Day 3 will be a shorter day as compared to Day 2 but will be filled with bigger surprises. There are huge meadows forming a different yet picturesque landscape. The Grasslands have blossomed with vibrant flowers. Fell lucky to walk between these flowers for a kilometer, unless you reach the campsite.
Day 4: KARAH LAKE (11,590 Ft) TO PHUTSIRANG (13,485 Ft)
Trek Distance: 5 Km
Trek Duration: 4 Hrs
This is the shortest day of the trek. It is like a bonus day with a change in terrain and scenery. Begin with the Bhaba River crossing followed by a steep ascent to the campsite. After reaching the Phutsirang, leisure time at the campsite.
Day 5: PHUTSIRANG (13,485 Ft) TO BALDAR (13,635 Ft) VIA PIN BHABA PASS (16,105 Ft)
Trek Distance: 18 Km
Trek Duration: 12 Hrs
Difficult. Steep ascent for close to 3 km to reach the pass followed by a river crossing and gradual descent through moraine and scree all the way to the campsite. Today as the team reaches to the pass there will be a drastic change in the views from the vegetation to the cold desert of Spiti.
Day 6: TREK FROM BALDAR (13,635 Ft) TO MUDH (12.420 Ft) AND DRIVE TO KAZA
Trek Distance: 12 Km
Trek Duration: 5 Hrs
Moderate-difficult. Initial easy 4 km trail followed by gradual descent and flat walk through the moraine. The last day of the trek and the last chance to breathe in the astonishing mountains. Finally, after 12 km of walking, the small, beautiful village of Mudh welcomes you and it feels amazing to be back in civilization. The Taxi will take you to Kaza from Mudh.
Day 7: RESERVE DAY OR BUFFER DAY
Reserve a day in case the weather does not permit us to cross the pass. If a reserve day is used then participants will have to pay an extra amount on spot to the trek leader.